Now Hiring: Early Childhood Teacher
We seek a loving, creative, joyful, communicative early childhood toddler teacher for a new 2’s program for the 2018-19 school year.
Our ideal candidate
- has boundless energy and love for toddlers
- engages easily with young children and parents
- enjoys sensory activities, making messes and singing songs
- has ideas or experience for providing enriching developmentally-appropriate environment
- has cooperative preschool experience
- has early childhood education or experience
- enjoys working with adults in both predictable and unpredictable situations
- maintains humor and flexibility working with young children and parents
Located in Southeast Portland, Oregon, Brooklyn Preschool is a 501(c)3 founded in 1971, on the belief that children and parents benefit from a shared learning atmosphere. We foster community and a shared responsibility for our children, while playing an active role in their preschool experience.
Since that time we have provided programming for 3-5 year olds and their parents. We are excited to launch a new level of cooperative experience at Brooklyn with a classroom for 2 year olds, in cooperation with our established teacher. Please visit our website at http://www.brooklyncooppreschool.org/ to learn more about us.
The new program hours are 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays; each class session includes compensation for additional 2 hours preparatory work on those days. With some evening meetings, this position is expected to occupy about 10 hours/week on average. This position works cooperatively with another teacher and the executive board of the school, attending monthly board meetings and parent meetings (Tuesday nights) for school business and parent education. This position will maintain an enriching shared classroom space and be integral in developing program routines and activities.
Please send your resume and letter of interest including two reference contact names and numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials will be accepted through Monday, March 19.
- Tell us about your cooperative preschool experience and what you value in this community.
- What are some valuable educational experiences for preschoolers?
- Tell us about your approach to behavior management with young children.
- What unique contributions do you feel you would offer our school community?
The Hiring Committee will select applicants to interview based on review of the above information. Brooklyn Preschool is an Equal Opportunity Employer.