Age-eligible students can enroll at Brooklyn Preschool any time we have an opening in one of our classes. Potential students can also pre-enroll for the upcoming school year, after our Annual Open House takes place in February.
- Open Enrollment for our 2018/19 school year for new members will begin February 3rd- 23rd
- Applications will be accepted on or after our open house and can also be dropped off or mailed to Brooklyn Preschool. Please contact our Membership Director for additional information.
This year our annual Open House is on Saturday, February 3, 2018. We will be accepting applications for the 2018/19 school year. Students who do not receive a spot in one of our classes are added to our waitlist. Once the school year begins, age eligible students are still welcome to join the school anytime we have an opening.
The enrollment process
You can contact our membership director at any time to find out if there’s an opening in one of our classes, schedule a tour of the school, or request an application. A majority of our students pre-enroll in spring for the upcoming school year.*
Here’s how it works:
- Potential families can visit Brooklyn Preschool during our Annual Open House.
- Applications are available at the open house, or you can print an application using the above link.
- Lottery-based registration closes February 23rd. If we receive more applications than we have openings, the new member applications are entered into a lottery to fill the open spots. If we receive fewer applications than we have openings, registration remains open until all spots are filled.
- The new-member lottery is drawn. Any applicant that does not get a spot through the lottery is placed on our waiting list. All applicants are notified of their enrollment status by March 3.
- Lottery winners pay a $75 registration fee to hold their spot.
- We continue to accept applications for consideration on our waitlist, even after registration closes.
*Please note that priority registration is given to returning students and alumni families.